Feds Open Yet Another Title IX Investigation Into Loudoun County Schools

The Department of Education (DOE) opened yet another investigation into Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Wednesday following reports the Virginia school district failed to prevent a transgender-identified student from filming high school boys in bathroom stalls.

The alleged perpetrator filmed more than 40 unclothed boys over three years, multiple sources told WJLA reporter Nick Minock earlier this month.

“Loudoun County — yet again — appears to demonstrate its profound dereliction of responsibility to protect its students’ privacy and dignity,” Assistant DOE Secretary for Civil Rights Kimberly Richey wrote in a press release, continuing:

After repeatedly subjecting its minor students to the presence of member of the opposite sex in their intimate facilities, Loudoun reportedly stood idly by while an individual repeatedly recorded students, including minors, while undressed and using the restroom.

The investigation will determine if Loudoun County violated Title IX, the law which prevents public schools from engaging in sex discrimination, by failing to investigate sexual harassment.

If guilty, it will be the third time LCPS fails a federal Title IX investigation the past year.

Freedom High School Principal Tania Brown first informed parents about “a student recording another student in a bathroom” at the end of the April, assuring them the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office was investigating the incident.

The community learned there could be more than one victim in early May, when Brown’s follow-up email revealed: “A preliminary review shows that this was not an isolated incident.”

Brown’s emails show how little information LCPS schools reflexively choose to share with parents — even when it involves their children’s safety.

Consider a photo Minock posted to X Friday of a wall inside the boy’s bathroom at Freedom High.

The picture appears to show tally marks of students who say they’ve been “victimized” by the student accused of filming boys in the restroom.

New: “Who was victimized…?”

Loudoun County students told me Loudoun County Public Schools temporarily closed boys bathrooms at Freedom High School because students were writing on walls indicating if they were a victim of a student who is accused of photographing and video… https://t.co/VeQN5SvNL3 pic.twitter.com/RBLUjtrWxT

— Nick Minock (@NickMinock) May 22, 2026

The photo is just one piece of evidence suggesting the harassment was more well-known and widespread than the administration admits.

Ian Prior, an attorney and father of students at LCPS, told WJLA:

Look, LCPS has lost the benefit of the doubt. And I think we really need to know, what did they know? Had there been complaints before and they brushed it under the rug? I mean this is seriously concerning.

The Daily Citizen couldn’t agree more. LCPS’ track record with upholding Title IX and protecting parents’ rights could not be worse.

In July 2025, the DOE found LCPS and four other northern Virginia school districts violated Title IX by failing to separate bathrooms by sex.

The department put all five districts on reimbursement status pending the termination of their federal funding, totaling more than $50 million every year. That means each district must pay their expenses up front and apply for federal reimbursement, rather than receiving taxpayer money from the start.

Then, in September 2025, the DOE found LCPS violated Title IX again for failing to investigate complaints of sexual harassment against two boys who asked, “What is a girl doing is the boys locker room?”

The boys won a settlement from the district in March.

The Daily Citizen is grateful for the DOE’s attention to this important problem and for the journalists who brought it to the department’s attention. But when will LCPS finally lose its federal funding?

If ever a school district deserved to lose tax dollars, it’s this one.

Additional Articles and Resources

Transgender Resources

‘Equipping Parents For Back-To-School’ – Updated Resource Empowers Parents

Loudoun County Boys Win Settlement in Title IX Case Against School District

Loudoun County Boys Raise $125,000 to Continue Title IX Case Against School District

Federal Investigation Finds Loudoun County Violated Boys’ Title IX Rights

Loudoun County Boys Win Reprieve from Unjust Suspension

Poetic Justice: Virginia school district loses federal funding day after bogus suspension.

Loudoun County Schools Defy Education Department Over Multiple Title IX Violations

DoEd Finds Northern Virginia School Districts Violated Title IX

Loudoun Girls Fight ‘Trans’ Agenda Through School Board Election Involvement

Irate Parents Excoriate Loudoun County Schools Superintendent and Board Over Sexual Abuse Coverup

The post Feds Open Yet Another Title IX Investigation Into Loudoun County Schools appeared first on Daily Citizen.

Read More

Daily Citizen

Generated by Feedzy