“I’m defined by what I do.”
“I should be able to do it all.”
“I have to be married and have kids for my life to matter.”
“Women don’t need theology.”
These are some of the lies Christian women (or men) may be tempted to believe. On this episode of Let’s Talk, Melissa Kruger, Jackie Hill Perry, and Jasmine Holmes unpack why we find these lies compelling as well as why we shouldn’t believe them. Jasmine points out that a way to combat lies is to follow the example of Mary, sister of Lazarus, by “choosing the better portion” and sitting at Jesus’s feet (Luke 10:38–42). We do that by reading and believing his Word.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Counterfeit Gods by Tim Keller
- 5 Lies About Your Body
- 5 Misconceptions About Singleness
- 5 Lies Christians Tell About Money
- 3 Reasons Women Need Good Theology
- TGC Q&A: What Does God Say to Those Who Struggle with Body Image?
The Gospel Coalition